At my first job out of law school, many of my young co-workers started calling me one day asking for advice when we received emails about contributing to our 401Ks. Apparently, one overheard conversation I had with a friend by the water cooler let the word out that I knew something about personal finance. I don’t think I knew anything special, but I did learn the basics at a young age. In these posts I lay out what you need to know as a single twentysomething, when you decide to get engaged or get married, and what happens when a baby enters the picture when it comes to your wallet and your bank account. Credit where credit is due – there are plenty of links to other resources in these posts!
Personal Finance for Millennials
- Why you should fund a 401K or IRA early.
- Budgeting for now and the future.
- Using finance apps to your advantage.
- Shopping smart.
- When and why you should merge your bank account with your partner’s.
- Credit cards as a duo.
Your Baby and Your Bank Account
- Budgeting while pregnant.
- Budgeting with a new baby.
- Saving for baby’s future.
Feeding a Family on a Budget
- Meal planning for new baby while pregnant.
- Shopping strategies with a newborn.
- Quick and easy snacks for nursing moms.
- Cooking vs. prepared food vs. takeout.
Links will go live when posts on each topic are published. Let me know if there’s anything in particular you want to read about!
© 2017 Millennial Mama Bear. All rights reserved.